Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chad...

Hello from Bere, Chad!

I've now been here for almost 3 weeks, which is hard for me to believe in some ways. Sometimes it seems like it's been much longer because the days go by slowly.

It's been hard to write emails and post, hence why this is 3 weeks late... I have so many stories to write and things to say, but for right now, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm here, and that God has proven himself faithful so many times already.

I've been praying for many of you back home as well as those who have gone out as SMs. So you are all in my thoughts and prayers; I miss you lots, but like I said, God has been faithful. Hopefully I will be able to write more later!

9 comments:

Christy Joy said...

KRISTIN THOMAS! Finally! I was beginning to worry! I'm glad your safe and sound. Can't wait to read more about your time in Chad. Love ya

Christen said...

Yay! She lives!!! I miss you so much, but I can't wait to hear your stories. I pray for you every day. Take care. Love ya. :D

Amber Hill said...

I'm glad you're safe. I miss you in ridiculous amounts. Love you!

Jackie said...

Aww Kristin! I miss you here at Southern. I'm glad to hear you're there and safe. I'm praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Kristin-I'm trying to deliver some bad news the best way. Aunt Pearl's mom is in Turkey in a coma. She passed out inside the hotel & hit her head. Luckily she went to a prayer meeting right afterwards or noone would have known something was wrong. She's most likely brain dead. Your uncle and aunt are flying out tonight so we pray they get there before she dies. Love, Mom E

Caitlin said...

Dearest Kristin,

I miss you're lovely smile, and hugs! Thank you so much for the mini update. I think about you often and my prayers continue!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin - so glad to hear from you. I know that adjustments can be difficult and am thankful that you are doing well. Give my greetings to Jake and Stefan and to the Appels. You are all in my prayers every day. I know this will be a fantastic year. Ansley will be there soon! I hugged her goodbye a few days ago before she went to spend time with her family before she leaves. Be safe and keep in touch.

gloria said...

hey kristin we have been thinking about you alot, you are in our prayers and in our thoughts. take care and we love and miss you!!

gloria, dan & michelle nadon

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

Kristen! It's good to hear from you in Chad! I'll be praying for you, I know it's really difficult there! I'm looking forward to hearing stories about how things are going! Lots of love!