Friday, July 25, 2008

Brief Update

Here's just a brief update on when I'm leaving and things like that.

I am leaving August 25th from Dulles Airport, and will fly to Rome, Italy where I have a stop over (though I don't know for how long). Then from Italy on to Ethiopia and to Tchad. I think that my flight is scheduled to be in the capital city of Tchad by 12:15 AM on August 27th. So, it's going to be a long flight... Thankfully, there is another student missionary who will be with me on the flight over, so I won't be alone.


I'm beginning to get a little more scared about going because I don't feel that I am very prepared. I know that working at a hospital in Africa will be very different from working on a cancer floor here in the states. Not to mention the language barrier. I took a French class earlier this summer, but that feels so far away from now, and I'm afraid I haven't kept it up as I should have. I reassure myself with the thought that I will pick it up quickly once I'm surrounded by people who speak it.


But despite all my fears, I am still happy to be going. I just need to remind myself that I will not be alone and God will give me strength.


"The Lord replied, 'My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.'" ~Exodus 33:14


"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect." ~Psalm 18:32

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Dearest Kristin,

I will be praying for you everyday! I'm so excited for you!

God will carry you, guide you, and quench your thirst in a desert land.

Love you!

Undergrounder said...

Sounds fun. It sounds like when I went to Tanzania, we also stopped in Rome to refuel, but we could not get off the airplane.

This is Jonathan Burishkin, I decided to use blogger again.

EMILY STAR said...

Kristin! this is emily wilkens! i have all the same fears and more so know that we are all fearful...but hopefully we can take COURAGE! :) I am so happy you are going ...see you soon! ~Em