Wednesday, June 10, 2009

For Kaleb

I just got an email from Dr. James in Bere. As soon as I began to read, I knew it in my gut: he was gone, they couldn't save him.

It's one of those things that seems so unreal, like a bad dream that you just know you're going to wake up from at any moment. But you don't.

It's funny how we offer words of solace for those who have lost someone dear, but when it's your turn to receive those words, they only sound hollow and are unable to touch the aching in your heart.

But as I sit and question, "God, why Kaleb?" I do so knowing deep down that God knows best. I do so knowing that while words can never cure the heartache, He can. And so I pray to the God of all comfort to ease the pain until He can wipe the tears from our eyes.


Please pray for the Roberts family-- Gary, Wendy, and their 2 year old, Cherise. I can't even begin to imagine how much they're hurting right now.





"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.'"

Come quickly, Jesus.

4 comments:

EMILY STAR said...

My heart aches so bad for them. So bad.

Stephanie Roberts (Gary's sister) said...

Hi, I'm Gary's sister, Stephanie. Thank you so much for a very special memory that you wrote in here about Kaleb. Our family is hurting so much right now and thanks those who support us through this. Thank you!
~Stephanie Roberts
cewepapua@gmail.com
cewepapua.blogspot.com

GladGirl said...

I was with Gary and Wendy in Guyana for 3 years, all through her pregnancy with Kaleb and for his first year of life. I just talked to them on the phone, and their first words were that they can't wait for the second coming. Me either...no more separation, no more death, no more heartache. Thank you for posting the pictures and for a place to grieve with others.
- Stephanie Gladden Livergood

Stephanie ROberts said...

Hi,
I am putting together a slideshow of Kaleb ready for his memorial...and I was wondering if you would be willing to send me pictures that you have of Kaleb?? If you would be willing please send them to me at cewepapua@live.com
Thanks so much!