Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just a funny story

So, it finally happened. I broke the wall.

I've climbed the wall to our house so many times now that I've lost count. It's actually become somewhat of a tradition. But one night this week, I went to climb over, and one of the top bricks didn't hold when I tried to pull myself up. Luckily, I missed hitting my foot with the falling brick. I felt a little awful about it, but my family wasn't too worried about it the next day when I told them what happened. In fact, they just laughed at me.

Then I asked them how to get in the back way (why it didn't occur to me to ask this ages ago I don't know); there's a place in the back of our yard where random animals, mostly pigs and chickens, run through at will. So the girls took me around the outside wall and showed me the back way in, which is a little bit of a tight squeeze and comes out into the bathroom or shower. Unfortunately, there's a very, very low-branched mango tree guarding the back way. As I ducked under it, almost on all fours crawling on the ground, I felt something scrape my back. Ow. It would be my clumsy luck that there would be a broken branch jutting out.

After showing me the back way, Berthe started talking to me and said, "Oh, I forgot to tell you. A long time ago Pierre said that since you're usually the last one in, we'll leave the door open and you can just lock it behind you." Again, why this solution didn't come up a couple of months ago, I'm not sure. Whatever... TIA.

So thus ends my criminal days of breaking into our house instead of entering through the gate.

2 comments:

Christen said...

LOL! Life is funny that way. :)

Christy Joy said...

aw, i kinda liked the fact that you climbed the wall every night!