Monday, February 9, 2009

Epic Fail

So. Last Monday I tested positive for malaria. I tried Nim tea to cure it on Tuesday. It didn't work. After talking to Gary and Wendy, I upped the dose and took more concentrated Nim tea on Thursday. I felt pretty good on Friday, but by Friday night I was kind of miserable.

All weekend long I went back and forth between feeling sort of bad and feeling fine, so I finally decided to get tested again today. Before, I had 0.05% malaria. Today it was 0.10%. From this I have learned several things:

1. Nim tea does not work to treat malaria for me, but I have a theory about what it does do. Maybe I'll explain later.


2. Don't experiment with treatments for malaria. Just take Quinine and get it over with.


3. Malaria is one sneaky little parasite. It's kind of like playing peek-a-boo with a pathogen.

3 comments:

Christen said...

Dear Kristin....malaria sure has taken a liking to you. :(

Kelsey said...

Oh, dear Kristin.

I'd be interested to hear your philosophy behind Nim tea when you get a chance.

I'm doing a research project on Malaria for my BSN class Research. I think I'm enjoying researching about it from a distance... although I'm sure your knowledge of Malaria is a lot better than mine.

Love you! I pray for you guys a lot!

Anonymous said...

Malaria, you sneaky ol' parasite,

Did you really think she wouldn't give a fight?

She learned her lesson, though not so quick:

Take Nim Tea first, so as not to get sick!

Love Ya, Kristin...Mom E