Thursday, January 1, 2009

Worlds Apart

So... I was thinking about the things I've seen here, and I wrote a poem. Not anything special, not revised. Just wrote it because I was in the mood. Sadly, each line has a real story behind it. Hopefully I can write about them later; they're certainly not ones that I could forget.

Worlds Apart

Bony arms and love starved eyes;
Gaping wounds and blood soaked clothes--
Sights no eye should see
No eye has seen...

Ragged breaths of a dying child,
A mother's wails for her unmoving son--
Sounds no ear should hear
No ear has heard...

Why doesn't my father want me?
I wish that death would come--
Thoughts no mind should process
No mind has conceived

Radiant faces, streets of gold, life-giving stream,
Ringing laughter, pain-free abundant love
What God has prepared for those who love him.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Dearest Kristin
I love you so much!
And I miss you :)

I love the way that you wove these words together... gripping... but with hope.

Keep writing :)

Leaving for Brazil on Tues!
Very excited! Pray for us.

You are in my prayers too!